Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Inspired

After so many postings, I finally got a good mentor!
Really so thankful to have such a good and willing-to-teach tutor for my orthopaedics posting. Especially since the programme at SGH isn't that fantastic, to say the least.
I am so glad I am no longer just a fly on the wall in the clinic. I feel involved in the proceedings. He bothers to teach me whatever is relevant, tell me about the cases. He lets me examine the patients. Even allows me to clerk the new cases and write in the case files. Actually at times, I was actually running the clinic heh..
Yup it's really so important to have a good tutor to guide you in your learning, to pique your interest in the subject and to motivate you to read up on the topics.
Yah and not to forget, he is nice to his patients too!
So for once, I feel inspired and motivated!