Saturday, March 25, 2006

Renewed

Yup this is my new blog! Have been wanting to do this for some time but my comp ran into all sorts of problems. can't use hotmail and msn, then my monitor "turned pink" for whatever reason.

Anyway, was also thinking of how to start off this blog. And what sort of things I should talk about here. If you have read my sidebar, then yup, this blog will mostly be about Christianity. So you have been warned.. ha.. You have the choice of not continuing to read my blog too. Just hope that you don't pass any judgement on me or Christianity. But you are free to give me constructive feedback or ask me questions through my email.

Sidetrack.. Was thinking of the blog address too, and realised so many addresses i thought of have been taken up. So I ended up with claypotrice.. haha.. Actually I was thinking of something to do with jars of clay but jarsofclay has been taken up. So clay leads to claypotrice. So in other words, my blog address has no special meaning :)

I added a counter one month ago. Then i realised today that 35 people have read my new blog. But i haven't even linked my old blog to this current one. Neither have I told anyone about the new blog address. I am a bit puzzled haha..

Ok so back to the reason for starting this blog. It is simply to tell people about Christianity. People always talk about spreading the gospel. Actually gospel just means good news. So rather than spend my time babbling and rambling about my runs and medicine postings, I thought why not tell you about the gospel.

I know I have shared a bit about Christianity in my previous blog. But I felt it was rather haphazard. This blog will sort of consolidate all of my experiences and views and give you a better picture.

I feel that I am in a better position to share about Christianity now cos I have had a better understanding of the faith over these 2 years (or at least I hope so haha..). It was also not too long ago that I was a non-Christian so I still remember some of the struggles and misconceptions I had as a non-Christian.

I know some of you will be going: Why so serious? It is just a religion.. Why you become so holy? He must have been brainwashed.. Crazy fella.. So holier-than-thou.. Well, i can't address all of those but i will deal with some of those things in your minds in my posts. So if those views about me make you come back to my blog to find out why I am so serious and "holier-than-thou", I think I sort of achieved my purpose haha.. If not, it's fine with me.

At the very least, I hope you read this with an open mind. I am not forcing it down your throats and have never intended to. In fact, I am very apprehensive about sharing this online. I am not required to do this too. I won't be punished for not sharing the gospel. I won't be given extra cookie points for doing so. I just felt it important enough to tell you about it. More important than anything else in the world, in my opinion. And I just feel it is much easier to blog about it than talk to you about it. After all, if you haven't realised, I have not been blessed with the gift of the gab. Hopefully, the pen or rather, the keyboard will do the trick..

I am quite glad if you have followed me all the way to this line haha.. And you might as well read the next few posts :)